The Center’s curriculum progresses students through levels of physical, mental and technical development and proficiency in a variety of dance forms. The Company utilizes age-appropriate teaching methods and music while expanding their performance skills.
All Dance Educators at ’nMotion are highly experienced and have completed our Certified Training Program created by our Director, which ensures educationally sound techniques are provided to students with sequenced age-appropriate physical and social development. All our students receive thoughtful and consistent instruction throughout their entire education with us.
We welcome new students year-round! To view our pricing for classes and get our registration form, please download this PDF. To ensure placement in a class, you must mail or bring in a completed registration form.Tuition & Registration Form (PDF)
- Classical Ballet
- A part of each student’s class which introduces the student to the terminology, technique and inner dimension demanded by classical ballet. It allows the student more than ordinary powers of mobility, coordination and endurance.
- Pointe and classical ballet have evolved together to create each other and today they are completely integrated. The type of dance shoes worn by pointe dancers has created the dance style and its technique. Pointe is the essence of classical dance for experienced dancers requiring strict prerequisites.
- Basic Combination
- A class structure that considers the mental and physical needs of students to build age-appropriate, dance technique into each dance form (ballet, tap, jazz), and progresses students, in time, from beginner through advanced, and into professional dance levels.
- An informal pop dance style with many variations such as interpretive, lyrical, modern, and hip-hop. It is universally recognized as an American contribution to the dance scene and has influenced the current street look.
- A step dance with footwork that taps out rhythms with the brushing and shuffling movement of the feet. It is a unique body workout with its own language (ball change, Irish brush, spank, etc.) and offers unexcelled rhythm training and coordinated movement that enriches a dance education.
- Born in the early 20th century, modern dance is a style that centers on a dancer's own interpretations instead of structured steps, as in traditional ballet dancing. During the 1900's, European dancers began rebelling against the rigid rules of classical ballet, these dancers favored a more relaxed, free style of dancing. Modern dance has become part of the foundation for today's well versed dancer.
- Hip Hop
- Combines high energy music with the latest Hip Hop moves. It's great for your body, fun and a terrific dance workout.
- Choreography Class
- Create a dance from concept to performance! Learning the main elements of choreography; choosing and mapping music, building upon a theme and improvisation. Students will then use their skills to compose an original work to be performed at recital.
- The ’nMotion Dance Company
- This non-competition team is by invitation only. This group emphasizes performance skills and self-esteem and performs all over the community throughout the year.
- Strengthens and tones your body through gentle yet challenging poses that will both invigorate and relax. Increases flexibility and helps to prevent dance injuries.
- Annual Recital
- A year-end performance in June to celebrate student achievement.
All dancers who have none to little previous dance experience who are over the age of 10, or have taken a significant break between training should be evaluated. Level placements do not necessarily coincide with age groups.
If you’re unclear about what class is best for you, call Sarah at (763) 571-6180 or (612) 709-3344 for an evaluation to ensure your appropriate level. Evaluations may be done in private or in small groups. They are performed in a casual and comfortable manner.
Are you part of a community group and don’t see a class or time that works for you? Perhaps you home school, or are part of an athletic team that wants to enhance your agility for the season. With as little as five students we can customize a class for your needs and goals. Call Sarah to inquire!
Didn’t make the Fall registration? No problem! We accept open enrollment all year round. Come in for an evaluation today!
Wee Dance: Provides dance exposure integrating movement, rhythm training, small and large muscle coordination, and physical development
||Toddlers||3||None||TU 10:00-10:45 am
W 5:15-6:00 pm
SA 10:00-10:45 am
|Tiny Tots||4||None||W 10:00-10:45 am
TH 6:00-6:45 pm
SA 10:45-11:00 am
|Kinder Kids||5||None||TU 5:30-6:30 pm
SA 11:00 am-12:00 pm
Preparatory Dance: Familiarizes students with dance through a combination of dance styles
||Child I||6-8||None||M 5:45-7:00 pm
W 5:30-6:45 pm
|Child II||7-9||1+ years||M 5:30-6:45 pm|
|Child III||8-9||2+ years||TU 6:30-7:45 pm|
|Junior I||9-10||3+ years||W 6:45-8:00 pm|
|Junior II||10-11||4+ years||M 7:00-8:15 pm|
|Junior III||11-12||5+ years||TBD|
Performing Arts: Emphasizes technical proficiency and performance abilities while encouraging greater insight into the art of dance. Class placement is based on technical proficiency and previous dance experience.
||Level I||Based on ability||6+ years||Pointe:
TH 6:45-7:15 pm
Ballet Tap Jazz:
TH 7:15-9:00 pm
|Level II||Based on ability||7+ years||Pointe:
Ballet Tap Jazz:
|Level III||Based on ability||8+ years||Pointe:
Ballet Tap Jazz:
|Level IV||Based on ability||9+ years||Pointe:
M 6:45-7:15 pm
Ballet Tap Jazz:
M 7:15-9:30 pm
W 7:00-7:30 pm
Ballet Tap Jazz:
W 7:30-9:45 pm
|Adult Tap||18+||Little to none||TU 7:00-7:45 pm|
|Intermediate Adult Ballet & Jazz||18+||2-3+ years||Ballet/Jazz:
TU 7:45-9:30 pm
Hip Hop: Combines high energy music with the latest Hip Hop moves. It's great for your body, fun and a terrific dance workout.
||Hip Hop I||7-11||None||TH 6:45-7:45 pm|
|Hip Hop II||12-16||None||TH 5:45-6:45 pm|
|Hip Hop III||17-Adult||None||TH 8:00-9:00 pm|
|Choreography Class: Create a dance from concept to performance! Learning the main elements of choreography; choosing and mapping music, building upon a theme and improvisation. Students will then use their skills to compose an original work to be preformed at recital.||Choreography||12+||None||TU 6:00-7:00 pm|
|Musical Theater:Expand your dance skills by learning the nuances of musical theater. Whether you want to prepare for your school or community audition, or simply like the energy and genre of musicals, this class is for you!||Musical Theater||10+||Little to some||W 6:00-7:00 pm|
|Yoga: Strengthens and tones your body through gentle yet challenging poses that will both invigorate and relax. Enhances flexibility and helps to prevent dance injuries.||Student||12+||None||Yoga is integrated as a part of all our Upper Division Curriculum|
- New Student Discount – New to ’nMotion Dance Center? You qualify for a $10 discount on your first month’s tuition and a $20 discount on your second (consecutive) month’s tuition!
- Family Discount – Are there lots of dancers in your family? Your 2nd student gets 25% off tuition, your 3rd gets 50% off, and your 4th is free! More than 4? They’re free too!
- Multi-class Student Discount – get your 2nd class for 25% off, your 3rd class for 50% off, and your 4th is free!